Meeting was called to order by Gwen King at 12:05
a.) City of Elko- No report
b.) City of Carlin- Dana Holbrook reported that Scotts, the only grocery store in Carlin, had closed down. Many people are worried about those who do not have transportation to travel to Elko to do their grocery shopping. Carlin is looking for a replacement, and they are hopeful that one will come soon.
c.) Spring Creek Association- A report was sent via email from Jesse Bahr with information including that the Community Center is nearing completion with paving completed and that the Horse Palace study will be presented at their next meeting.
a.)Elko County School District-Jeff Zander
- The new school in Wendover is almost completed and is absolutely beautiful.
- Incentive Grant applications will be due soon with the first on December 1st and the second on February 1st, 2017.
- They have been looking at demographic studies as well as positive migration (growth) to figure out the new school’s location.
-Spring Creek has been looking at the K – 6 model and Elko has been looking at the K – 5 model and what would it take in both circumstances.
b.)Elko County-No report
III.) Great Basin College- George Kleeb
- Chancellor’s meeting in Berg Hall will be coming up. They are looking for a new replacement, as the current president is resigning.
- Reported that GBC is #2 in the nation for online affordable education.
IV.) Northeastern NV Regional Hospital- No report
V.) NNRDA- No report
VI.) Elko Area Chamber-Billie Crapo
- Board Elections are complete and will be announced soon, with board retreats and planning to follow.
- BBH is on Nov. 10th at Oak Tree Inn at 8am and BAH is on Nov. 17th at RAM Enterprises from 5:30 – 7pm, and all are invited.
- The Chamber and NNRDA will be doing a “Centennial Boot” together.
VII.) Public Comment Period
- Amber Fox with Nevada State Bank reported that they are moving their bank’s corporate offices out to the Mountain City Hwy. branch.
VIII.) Adjourned at 12:30
Members in Attendance:
Gwen King, Melissa McJunkin, George Kleeb, Billie Crapo, Jeff Zander, Amber Fox, Dana Holbrook
Respectfully submitted by: Melissa McJunkin
"The Business Behind Your Business"
The Elko Area Chamber is the voice that represents businesses in the Elko area. Our goal is to represent the interests of our members through advocacy and by facilitating communication between them and other business members.