Meeting was called to order by Gwen King at 12:05
a.) City of Elko- No report
b.) City of Carlin- No report
c.) Spring Creek Association- No report
a.) Elko County School District-Jeff Zander
- Next district meeting will be in West Wendover.
- Elko County High Schools will be getting two new trip busses and ten route busses each.
- The seat for District 2 only had 1 app and she will be introduced.
- Spring Creek Elementary Site Evaluation Report has been completed. Four new sites have been chosen as possibilities. They are: an area off Parkchester, area near the SC Sports Facility, area near the Horse Palace, and lastly some private land off of Lamoille Hwy.
b.) Elko County-No report
III.) Great Basin College- No report
IV.) Northeastern NV Regional Hospital- No report
V.) NNRDA- Pam Borda
- The NNRDA were the recipients of an award for their marketing video at last month’s Economic Development Conference.
- Had a jammed packed weekend, at the Las Vegas Mine Expo, with 16 meetings in two days. Very happy with the five new serious leads from the expo.
VI.) Elko Area Chamber-Billie Crapo
- BBH is on Oct. 13th and will be hosted by Cool Beans located at 673 Cimarron Way in Elko
- BAH is on Oct. 20th and will be at Rehab Services of Elko located at 2207 N. 5th Street in Elko
- Lunch & Learn on 10/27
- GAC’s 2016 Elko Candidate Forums will be on 10/18
VII.) Public Comment Period
VIII.) Adjourned at 1:00
Members in Attendance:
Gwen King, Pam Borda, Hannah Morrison, Billie Crapo, Jeff Zander, Melissa McJunkin, Cathy McAdoo
Respectfully submitted by: Melissa McJunkin
"The Business Behind Your Business"
The Elko Area Chamber is the voice that represents businesses in the Elko area. Our goal is to represent the interests of our members through advocacy and by facilitating communication between them and other business members.